I am crazy about mangoes. My third Mango Recipe – never mind. Mango kulfi is one of the best summer desserts made with mangoes.
Kulfi is an Indian version of ice cream – nuttier and denser than the regular ice cream. Traditionally it is made with thickened creamy milk, but it is time consuming. Lazy me always looking for an easy substitute. Tried using condensed milk and bingo! Delicious Mango Kulfi is ready.
During my childhood days, I remember hawkers with push carts full of creamy kulfi. After hearing their bell sounds, me and my sis will run to buy kulfi. It is so addictive. You can try variations in it, by adding nuts and any fruit pulp of your choice, or even plain milk mixture with nuts also tastes divine.
This is a very easy and quick kulfi recipe ,no cooking is required.
Preparation Time : 10 min | Freezing Time : 8 hours | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Dessert
Sweetened Condensed milk – 1/2 cup
Pureed Mango – 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder- 1/8 tsp
Vanilla Extract – 1/8 tsp
Mixed Nuts – 2 tbsp,chopped (I used Pistachio, Walnuts, Almonds)
- In a bowl, add Pureed Mango and Vanilla extract. Mix well and add Condensed Milk and chopped nuts. Combine everything and fill the mixture in the kulfi moulds (popsicle moulds) or just use any container with a lid.
- Freeze for about 8 hours.
- Dip the moulds in hot water to easily unmould the kulfi .
Linking this recipe to Favorite recipes of full scoops, event of Swathi
- The mango I took was sweet, and with condensed milk being added, I didn’t add any sugar. You can add sugar after checking the sweetness
- Instead of adding condensed milk, you can take 2 cup of whole milk, condense it to 1/2 cup and then use
- If you do not have a Popsicle mould, you can use disposable plastic cups and skewers
Check my other Mango Recipes,