As I have mentioned in my earlier post, In recent times Pancakes has become one of the common breakfast. Though I generally prepare Whole Wheat Pancake for my son, in the mission of adding some fruits into his diet tried Pancakes with banana Checkout my other pancakes Eggless Pancake Strawberry Whole Wheat Pancake Cornmeal Pancake
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Resting Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Breakfast
Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Honey/White Sugar/Brown Sugar – 2 tbsp (Adjust according to your taste, I used brown sugar)
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Banana – 1 (1/2 cup mashed)
Egg – 1
Milk – 1 cup + 4 tbsp (I used 2% milk)
Vanilla extract – 1/4 tsp
Olive oil/butter – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp (for the batter)
Butter – 1 tbsp (Unsalted, Melted at room temperature)
- In a bowl add all the dry Ingredients; mix well and Set aside
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs well; add milk banana puree, melted butter and vanilla extract; whisk well
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir gently. Set batter aside for 10 minutes
- Heat an iron skillet or a non-stick pan on low to medium heat. Reduce heat to low and pour a ladle full of batter in the center of the pan. Do not spread the batter. Allow it to spread on its own. Add little butter around the edges. Cook the pancake on low medium heat for half a minute or until bubbles appear over the pancake
- When the pancake turns to a nice golden shade, flip it over and cook for half a minute and transfer to the serving plate
- Serve warm, topped with butter/honey/Maple Syrup/Powdered Sugar/Caramel syrup/butterscotch syrup/Fruit syrup
- For eggless version add 2 bananas instead of one
- If you are resting the batter for a long time drizzle some tbsp of milk to reach the desired consistency
- All purpose flour can be used instead of whole wheat
- Cardamom powder can be added for flavoring
Tagged: Breakfast, Breakfast recipes, easy, Friendly, healthy, home, how, iron, Kid, made, Make, potassium, rich, s, simple, to, toddler
[…] Banana Wheat Pancake ( Banana Gothumai Dosai). […]
Thanks for the support:-)
Hey vidya..yes we do have similar recipes:)..what a coincidence!…Pancakes looks delish!
Very nice. Will try
Yumm looks yumm
So innovative ,healthy & delicious pancake.
Wow!! looks so soft and yummy!! I want it now dot!!
Thanks dear,I wish I could send ypu some:-)
look so deliciouse
Super cool pancake Vidya 🙂
Make me a batch Vidya, looks soooo yummy!
pancakes looks perfect and soft
love addition of banana there… pancakes looks delicious V…
ooooh, yes please! Can you deliver some to my house in time for tomorrow\s breakfast? #pleaseAndThankYOu
🙂 sure I wish I could send you
Thanks for sharing this easy and tasty recipe! I would love to try this one for my little boy 🙂
My son like pancakes, do try and let me know dear:-)
It looks so good Vidya 🙂
I never cooked pancakes which here in italy are not common but thanks to you I am learning, thanks
Yummy pancakes. Perfect for kids
I want it I want it 🙂
I wish I could give you dear:-)
This is perfect! I would love to try some day soon 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
Wonderful pancakes. Delicious with the banana.
Good Morning….. I spent a good 2 minutes chuckling at your Indian name for this pancake. 🙂 🙂
Good morning Aruna:-) my sister told the same:-)
Pancakes and my favorite fruit! yummers 🙂
These look perfect!