Now a days my picky eater (my son Vishvak) drives me crazy. Whatever I give him its a big noooo. If I give him food in plate that’s the last thing he wants to taste, but if he see anything in carpet, he gets super excited to taste it. If This is the story with food, fruits oh mannnnn. Though eating fruits directly is always best, at times I feel it’s better if he tastes something in a different form instead of rejecting it fully. Decided to give fruits in some other form, so far have succeeded with muffin and pudding (Recipe coming soon).
I was searching for the toddler friendly recipes and got inspired from Wholesomebabyfoods. Good thing about banana cookie is no fancy ingredients, its super easy and most importantly even we liked it
Checkout my other cookie recipes,
- Walnut Butter Cookies (Whole Wheat)
- 1 – Minute Microwave Cookies
- Eggless Custard Powder Cookies (Whole Wheat)
Banana Oatmeal Cookie
Banana – 2, around 1 cup mushed
Oats – 1 cup, I used quick oats
Raisin – 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the parchment paper on cookie try and grease it with cooking spray/bultter
- In a mixing bowl, add oats and banana; mush the banana and combine well into a dough. Add raisin and mix well.
- Take a tbsp of dough and make a small round shape cookie and place them in parchment paper
- Bake for 13 – 18 minutes (mine took 14 minutes) or until light brown on the bottom. Cool completely before eating
- Can use chocolate chip, almonds, pecans,walnut or any other nuts of your choice
- Spices like Cinnamon, nutmeg can be added
- I didn’t add sugar as it was sweet because of banana. Sugar can be added if you feel so
- If you are using old fashioned oats coarsely pulse it once
- Watch on eye after 13 minutes to avoid over cooking
- Can mash and add bananas
- If you don’t like raw oats flavour you can saute the oats for 3-4 minutes and add it
- Can pulse the oats and add it
Tagged: bachelors recipe, cookie, easy, Friendly, fruit, healthy, how, i, ingredient, Kid, Make, Quick, Recipe, s, simple, teething, to, toddler, Vegan
[…] am not a big fan of Banana but I don’t want my son to be like me. Like I mentioned in Oatmeal Banana Cookie, my son is very picky when it comes to fruit. If I give him smoothie he refuses to drink so I […]
This is so easy, I am thinking about some cacao nibs, nutmeg and applesauce.
[…] Oatmeal banana cookies […]
omg…. these cookies must be delicious!SOOOO tasty!
I love all kinds of cookies! These sound super good!
What an amazing combo! These look amazing. I really love cookies with oats in them. I like your idea of adding spices too.
Delicious and very Healthy Vidya Love to try it.
A nice way to make kids eat healthy food.
Reblogged this on Recipes From Eden.
Thanks for the reblog:-)
looks yummy and simple to make 🙂
Awesome recipe! I love stuff like this. Presumably it’s good for grown-ups as well, because I can easily see the recipe being adapted using different types of fruit. I’d rather make my own oatcakes than buy them from Sainsburys, so thanks for this. I’ll give them a go. What could possibly go wrong? 😉
That’s cool:-) thanku
Wow, what a nice idea of adding bananas.Healthy and tasty.
What a wonderful mum you are! We are treated to a 20-minute show every evening by our 3-year-old, all singing all dancing, only to then watch her eat her food without any further issues. Most of the time, anyway …
Guess it happens in every home:-)all kids are same
These look yummy! I am going to have to try them for my picky little one 😉 Thanks for sharing!
Cool, do share your feedback:-)
So cool! I made these recently too 🙂
Wow that’s awesome
Great idea !!! And with chocolate chips I am sure is ….wowwwwwwwww
Oh ya, totally:-)
perfect with my evening coffeeee
Yes Bikram:-) thanku
Delicious and healthy cookies V… 🙂
As soon as I get myself a dehydrator, I will try to make the raw version of these. I bet they smell heavenly! 🙂
Wow that sounds intersting:-)
Healthy treat! Thanks for posting.
Super fast cookies.Wish I had it with you there.Hehehe
I wish the same dear:-)
It’s that easy? Wow! I have two overripe bananas I have been wondering what to with. Now I know 🙂 Thanks!
Ripe bananas are perfect for the cookies:-) come on Liz
This looks so healthy and a great snack at anytime I’m sure 🙂
Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.
My pleasure, this sounds YummY
Yum. I love all of these flavors so will deffffffinitely have to try them out! X, Jenna
Getting toddlers to eat is always such a challenge, isn’t it? On the plus side, you get to experiment. 🙂
Yes Aruna, totally:-)
Awesome!! I have a similar cookie post which has dates, figs as well.. Great toddler recipe 🙂
Oh yes dear, I remember your version loaded with healthy stuff:-) this cookie I tried when vishva was 14 months so looked for a recipe without baking powder but Posting it now;-)wanted to try your version soon with figs and dates.
This is very nice Vidya…