As I am on vacation, I could not try out new recipes for holiday specials. Started browsing my drafts and saw a cookie recipe and cake recipe, so decided to post a cookie recipe for Christmas and cake for New year 🙂
Sometime back, I got custard for preparing fruit custard. After preparing fruit custard, I had custard powder left and was thinking what to do with it. Hubby and kid liked the Walnut Butter Cookies, so thought of preparing some cookies with custard powder.
Preparation time : 10 mins | Baking time: 13 – 17 minutes
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Custard Powder – 1/4 cup (I used vanilla flavor)
Light Brown sugar – 1/3 cup
White sugar – 2 tbsp
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Butter – 1/3 cup melted in room temperature
Milk – 2 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1/4 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and place the parchement paper/ butter paper/ Aluminium foil on the cookie tray and grease the cooking tray with cooking spray
- Seive the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and transfer them into a bowl. Add brown sugar, white sugar and custard powder and mix well. Add butter to the dry ingredients and make crumble
- Add 2 tbsp of milk and make a soft dough. Make small balls and in a clean surface, press each ball lightly and bake the cookies for about 13 – 17 minutes or until cookies are lightly gold brown. Cool them and enjoy:-)
- Can use cookie cutter for desired shape
- I prefer my cookies on the sweeter side, so adjust sugar according to your taste
- Cookies appear chewy initially but they became crisp after they are cooled completely
- Add extract according to the flavour of custard powder.If you are using butterscotch custard use extracts accordingly
- I used both brown sugar and white sugar, instead white sugar can be fully used
- All purpose flour/maida can be used instead of wheat flour
- Oil can be used instead of butter
- Cocoa powder can be used if you like chocolate flavour
Tagged: -, baking, biscuit, easy, Egg, healthy, holiday, how, less, Make, to, wheat, whole
[…] Eggless Custard Powder Cookies […]
[…] Eggless Custard Powder Cookies (Whole Wheat) […]
[…] Custard Powder Cookies […]
I have not heard of these cookies before. They sound great!
Great idea using custard powder in the cookies Vidya! Yummy!
May I pick one??? Beautiful photographs… Love the cookie man doll!
TC! Keep smiling 🙂 Happy holidays…..
I wish I could give you everything:-) thanku Sindhu:-)
I love cookies like these! Fantastic!
beautiful Love that they’re so simple–so much over-the-top this time of year. These cookies look refreshing.
What an interesting idea!
Thanku:-) glad you liked it
Thank you Merry Christmas
Sent from my iPod
Merry Christmas to you:-)
With custard powder they sound delicious!!!
Thanku:-) do try I am sure you will like it
Yes I think I will!
What a great idea. I love custard, used to buy Birds Custard all the time. Your cookies are wonderful. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!
Thanku and Merry Christmas to you:-)
Yummmmilicious cookies V… 🙂