With mixed vegetables, I had already posted Vegetable Biryani Recipe. Ever since our school days, this is my Amma’s style of doing fried rice. My mother prepares this directly in pressure cooker, but I used rice cooker. My sister’s friend asked me for this recipe, so I thought of posting it.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Soaking Time: 30 mins | Cooking Time : 40 mins | Serves : 4
Recipe Category: Entreè
Basmati Rice – 1 cup, soaked and drained
Mixed Vegetable – 1 cups + 1/2 cup (I used carrots, beans, corn, green peas and potato)
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Water – 2 cup
Cardamom Pods – 2
Cinnamon Stick – 1/8 tsp
Bay leaf – 1
Salt – as needed
Onion – 1
Green chilli – 1
Poppy seeds – 1/8 tsp
Fennel Seed powder – 1/8 tsp
- Soak rice in warm water for 30 minutes, strain and add 1/2 tsp of ghee. Saute rice for a minute and keep it aside
- Grind the items under “to grind” into fine paste without adding water
- Add oil to the same pan. When the oil is hot, add whole spices and cook for 30 seconds. Add the onion paste and cook till the raw smell goes off. Add vegetables and Saute well
- Add required salt and transfer the mixture to rice cooker and add 1:2 water and cook. Serve it with raita/gravy
- Instead of grinding onion and green Chilli, you can also Saute them directly
- Fried onions can be added to garnish
- Can be cooked in heavy bottmed pan or pressure cooker for 2 whistles
- Paneer and mushroom can be added
- Instead of adding whole spices, garam masala powder can be added
Tagged: box, easy, fried, home, how, Indian, lunch, Make, Mixed, prepare, pulao, pulav, rice, simple, style, to
[…] Vegetable Rice […]
[…] Serve hot with Naan/paratha/Vegetable rice […]
[…] Vegetable Rice […]
wow it looks superb…definately gng to try diss recipe
Glad you like it:-)thanku
Thats my favourite nice recipe vidya…
Thats my favourite looking yummy vidya…nice recipe
Perfect with the colors and textures. Bet it’s wonderfully fragrant, too 🙂
Part of me is rice… no wonder I like rice, LOL! this recipe looks yummy!
This looks so yummy..I haven’t tried adding fennel/poppy seeds in pulav. Gotta try this soon.
Thanku dear:-) ya do try I m sure you will enjoy
I like your idea of grinding onion with poppy seeds. Lovely flavor!
Thanku Apsara:-) yes it was so flavorful
Colourful and yummy! It’s a frequently prepared and liked rice item in our home 🙂
Yes Sindhu:-) thanku
oooooh! This is a perfect dinner for me! I love rice and veggies! Thank you sooo much!
Glad you liked it:-) thanku
HealthY and tasty!!! Love it
Delicious rice and vegetables. I like the idea of adding paneer, that would be wonderful.
Never tried poppy seeds in pulao, sounds flavorsome V……:)
Amazing. . Rice looks so perfect