Before trying Frozen Yogurt, whenever I heard of it, I was a bit hesitant to taste. I used to wonder how fruits would taste with yogurt. When we stayed in hotel once, they served berry yogurt for breakfast. Hubby being a frozen yogurt lover, tasted it, but it was a big no for me. One day I happened to taste frozen yogurt without knowing what it was (Hubby told me it was ice cream). To my surprise I loved it and couldn’t believe the fact that I liked it. Though I was cheated, I was still happy to taste a delicious dessert;) Now a days Yum Yos frozen yogurt is our favorite spot. I have recreated a simple yet tasty version with sour cream.
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Strawberry puree – 1cup
Sour Cream/Hung Curd/yogurt – 1cup (I used Sour cream)
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract – 1/4 tsp
Nuts – 1 tbsp chopped, for garnish (I used Almonds and Pistachios)
- Puree the strawberry. Add sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract to the blender and blend well
- Cover and freeze for atleast 4 hours. Then take it out and blend the mixture again until soft. Freeze again for 2 hours. Then break the crystals and blend it again until soft. More beating results in a smoothier and creamier texture
- Repeat a couple of times until it becomes creamy and soft. For the last time alone, do not freeze it, just refrigerate it for best creamy results. Garnish with chopped nuts.
- If you are using hung curd, hang the curd for atleast an hour until all the excess water drops out. If your hung curd has water, then the frozen yogurt will have crystals and will not be creamy
- Adjust sugar according to your taste
- Lemon juice can be added if you are using hung curd, to make it tangy
- Instead of strawberry you try frozen yogurt with mango too, or any seasonal fruits