Once in a week, some form of potato recipe will be made in our home. And with a crispy outer layer and tender inner layer, potato wedges is such a comfort tea time snack. You can either deep fry them or bake it in oven. I prefer baking as it requires less oil and doesn’t require me to stay in kitchen for a long time:)
Potatoes – 4
Olive Oil – 4 tsp
Salt – as neded
Dry Basil – 1/4 tsp (optional)
Italian Seasoning/pepper powder – 1/4 tsp (I used Italian Seasoning)
Cooking spray/Oil – as required (I used cooking spray)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash & cut potatoes into wedges, by cutting lengthwise in half then slice each half into slices depending on the potato size
- Place potatoes in a bowl of cold water and rest for 10 – 15 mins. Pat dry them. In a mixing bowl add potatoes, olive oil, basil, salt and Italian seasoning, and combine well
- Place seasoned potatoes on the baking tray and bake for 15 – 20 min (or until the potatoes are cooked through). They should be brown and crispy on the outside and tender inside. Turn in between for even cooking. Serve with Ketchup/Ranch
- Instead of adding basil before baking, you can also add after baking
- Parsley can be used instead of basil
- The same recipe can be done with sweet potato as well
Tagged: Appetizer, baked, cooks, crispy, deep fried, fries, kids, Make, oven, Potato, Recipe, restaurants, roasted, seasoned, snack, special, style
[…] Potato Wedges […]
[…] in so many ways, and each method brings out a superb dish! I have already posted Potato Tikka, Potato Wedges, Potato Chips, Potato Fry, but this version of Potato curry is a no-onion no-garlic Tamil brahmin […]
love it anytime…
Yes Smitha, can’t say no to potato wedges:)
Potatoes are one of my favorite foods and I love how you prepared them here. Delicious!
Thanks Cheri:) try this I m sure you wil like it
I love potatoes and getting that perfect crispy outside and soft inside is key. Your potatoes look perfect and I love that you add herbs!
Thanks Suzanne:) potato s my fav too.onething I like about wedges is its texture
My favorite snack of all time. or so I say now because I am looking at your post 🙂 looks great!
Thanks Sarah:) mine as well…
Love baked potato wedges! YUM. This reminds me I need to make some potatoe wedges soon. 🙂
I m happy that i reminded u:) baked version is my fav as well Ngan
Such a perfect treat for eyes and tummy. Beautiful flavors 🙂
A favorite snack forever! I bake these delishhh wedges as a soupy side too 😀 And at times, to cut off the calories… I move ahead with sweet potato too 😛
Thanks Shruti:) ya swt potato wedges also tastes yummy..
Time I made some of these. They look so good!
Thanks Ela:) awesome
Vidya, potatoes are always good and yummy 🙂
Yes Linda:) totally agree with you
You tempt me so much with your recipes Vidya, this looks very nice 🙂
I’ve been making baked potato wedges like this for years. We love them.
Me too love baked version:)
I like to toss them in powdered garlic, salt, and pepper before I bake them.
Ya garlic makes it flavorful. Next time wil try adding garlic. Thanks for the suggestion
You’re welcome. 🙂
They sound great! Like super healthy french fries. 😉
Thanks:) Since its baked used less oil
Lovely! Just what is needed on a rainy day.
Ya Aruna:) perfect snack to munch