This Vegetable Waffle Dosai was a pleasant surprise when I tried first, Hubby and I loved it. Instead of doing dosai, panniyaram, uthappam etc., this turned out to be in a different shape and attractive.
You can make it plain or add any veggies you like.
Check my other recipes using Idli/Dosa Batter,
Vegetable Waffle Dosai
Preparation Time: 10 min | Cooking time : 3 min | Serves: 1 person
Dosa Batter – 1 cup
Onion – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Tomato – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Bell Pepper – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Garam masala -1/8 tsp
Idli Milagai Podi – 1/4 tsp(Adjust according to your spice level)
- Take the required amount of batter in a bowl, and Add the chopped veggies, Idli podi, garam masala to the batter. Mix until combined
- Pour the batter into the waffle maker and close the lid. I greased my waffle maker with cooking spray. Instead you can also use sesame oil/ ghee
- Let the batter cook in the waffle maker till the outer layer becomes crispy. Pls. refer your waffle maker instructions to find out how much time it would approximately take to cook (mine has a green light which goes off when ready).
- Serve with Idli milagai podi / chutney / sambhar
- The amount and the number of waffles will depend on your waffle maker
- Sandwich maker can also be used instead of waffle maker
- My waffle maker have a red and green button. I cooked till the button changes from red to green. Cook in the same way as you cook waffles, follow the same procedure
- Chopped green chilli or coconut powder can be used instead idli milagai podi