First time when I saw this dip in a Mexican restaurant, I was hesitant to taste it, seeing the texture. Hubby convinced me to try it, highlighting its health benefits. To my surprise I loved it. From that day, this recipe has become regular in our house. I generally prepare this as a side dish for roti, stuffing for bread (we call it avocado sandwich;), avocado dip, stuffing for Burrito blah blah. Its simple and tastes amazing, and healthy too.This is my version of Guacamole!
You can make the avocado smooth or chunky depending on your tastes, I prefer the smooth version. The trick to perfect guacamole is using good, ripe avocados. Check for ripeness by gently pressing the outside of the avocado. If there is no give, the avocado is not ripe yet and will not taste good. If there is a little give, the avocado is ripe. If there is a lot of give, the avocado may be past ripe and not good. In this case, taste test first before using.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 5 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Sides
Ripe Avocado -1
Onion – 1/2
Tomato – 1
Pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
Lemon – 1/4 squeezed
Salt – as needed
Oil – ½ tsp
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl. Mash it throughly and add lemon to prevent avocado from browning
- Add oil to the pan and saute onion for 2 -3 min and add tomato (I generally do not cook onion and tomato for long time as I prefer my tomato to not became mushy, so cook until raw smell goes off)
- Add onion and tomato to the avocado and add salt as needed
- To achieve creamy texture, I made avocado smooth but can also try chunky version
- You can skip even saute part and add raw onion and tomato
- Can add Chat masala/ cumin powder/ coriander powder to make it Indian style
Tagged: avocado dip, avocado recipes, cooking, dip recipes, dips, easy guacamole recipe, Fusion, guacamole, guacamole recipe, healthy dips, healthy recipes, Indian, indian style avocado, mexican, simple guacamole
[…] oven and let it cool for 5 -10 mins before serving, in order to let them fully crisp. Serve it with Guacamole/ Salsa/ cheese dip (We just finished it with an yummy […]
I use avocados so much more. It used to be just as guacamole or Mexican food, but now I put it on sandwiches or in salads. We just love them. I wish we could grow them here!
Oh ya totally agree.. Even I love guacamole in my sandwich..
[…] hearing its healthy benefits, I started buying them regurlaly. My frequent take with Avocado is Guacamole in Indian style. In our home we love this as side dish for chappati, put it in bread and do […]
[…] I feel like having quick breakfast, bread always help me. Like many I love sandwich. Easy guacamole is one dish I like to have it in many form. Sandwich, side dish for roti, Stuffing for burrito/ […]
[…] tried a easy version and it tasted amazing. Very Easy to cook and it tastes delicious with Guacamole/ Sour Cream/ […]
[…] is yet another favorite Mexican recipe. Easy to cook and taste delicious with Guacamole/ Sour Cream/ […]
[…] Guacamole – 2 tbsp […]
[…] Guacamole – 2 tbsp […]